- Ceftriaxone – A potent bactericidal activity against a wide range of Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
- Sulbactam – A potent, highly specific irreversible inhibitor of B -lactamase produced by bacteria.
- Highly effective and reliable in Mastitis.
- Quick drug distribution resulting in attaining peak plasma concentration rapidly.
- Full potential of Ceftriaxone is restored by addition of Sulbactam. The more potent beta-lactamase inhibitor for Gram-negative bacteria Sulbactam exhibit greater activity against Escherichia coli etc.
The desired MIC is achieved at 5mg/kg body weight BID.
Dosage Reconstitution & Administration
- Combiceft-S may be administered IV or IM after reconstitution.
- Combiceft-S comes in composite pack containing vial or dry powder and sterile water for injection I.P and sterile syringe.
- Sterile water for injection provided in the pack should be used to dissolve the dry powder present in the vial.
- It is advisable to use the solution immediately after reconstitution.
- Ceftriaxone Sodium IP.
- Equivalent to Ceftriaxone: 3 gm.
- Sulbactam Sodium USP.
- Equivalent to Sulbactam: 1.5 gm.
- Meat: Minimum 28 days.
- Milk: Minimum 7 days.